Monday 12 January 2015

4, 3, 2, 1...

School haven't started full time yet, and I don't work as much now at the shopping center as before with the Christmas rush so I have a lot more free time then usual. So what have I been doing? Sewing. And it's a thrill. Four days, three dresses, two Coco and one Francoise.

Name: Meeko dress / Minions dress / Mike Wozowski dress
Pattern: Coco Dress and Francoise Dress from Tilly and the Buttons.



After I have sewn the muslin for both the Francoise and the Coco from some bed covers I bought on sale after Christmas. I was hooked. I love how simple the dress is, the lines and the shape. It has some fit at the bust, but loose at the waist and hips. So comfortable, feminine and elegant. I needed to grade out the size for the hips (as always) so that it was loose around my hips and not wrapped. But that was the only alteration I made to the dress, I didn't need to lengthen the bodice at this one, and I thought it looked great!


They look exactly the same, but it actually isn't.. The left one is a Francoise with no collar and the right one is a Coco with very small pockets.

I saw this fabric at the store and I immediately thought of the Francoise dress. The combination of yellow and black was so pretty and I didn't have a yellow dress yet! What?! Yellow is my favorite color I haven't found a cool yellow fabric yet and this was perfect! This is the Minion dress, because I love the awesome minions from Despicable Me.

Francoise Dress

I added some cuffs at the sleeves and side seam pockets, because you know, Sophie needs her pockets. The collar together with the cuffs was a very good contrast to the main fabric. I'm happy.

The two Coco dresses is made from double knit fabric. Enough to give it a little body and shape. I started with the green hexagon one. Seems like green honey or something, but it's green so I'm calling it the Mike Wozowski dress from Mike in Monster Inc.. I thought the large pocket for the muslin was to small for my taste so I self-drafted the size from my phone with some seam allowance, it fits my phone perfectly, but only my phone...

Coco Dress

I love the Aztec pattern lookalike from this fabric! Isn't it pretty?! So the mistake of only fitting my phone on the first Coco dress I made these pockets a bit bigger, and it fitted perfectly between the lines don't you think? This dress is black, white and grey so I'm calling it the Meeko dress from Pocahontas.

Coco Dress





No comments:

Post a Comment