Sunday 12 April 2015

Easter sewing

The days I was home in lovely Sandefjord I got to sew again. Ten whole weeks with laboratory experiments and school work without sewing, and above all that getting a new sewing machine as well! So when I finally got time I made this..

Name: Dumbo skirt / Mrs. Potts dress / Jane Porter dress
Pattern: By Hand London Charlotte skirt /Sewaholic Cambie dress / By Hand London Elisalex dress.
Fabric: Various 


This is my new baby. It is quiet, and a joy to work with. It's the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960! It's so fancy I can't even begin, so fantastically many features.


I brought this magic dream with me home to mom and dads for Easter vacation. Because now was the time to relax and sew as much as a could, visit friends and going on cabin trips. I love being home in Easter time. Why? Because it is a break from school mid-semester, I get to come home to my parents and get pampered, my birthday is in the middle of April, so I also get to celebrate at home with family and friends a bit early/late, and again on my real birthday!

The result of the four days of sewing went to no other then By Hand London patterns, Elisalex Dress, Charlotte Skirt and another Kim Dress. I also got the time for the perfect spring and summer dress from Sewaholic, the perfect Cambie Dress. The Kim dress isn't featured her because I'm doing an other post on that, you'll know soon enough! I think everybody know how in love I am with the By Hand London patterns, and it's a shame they will no longer have printed patterns. So if you want a collection of printed patterns, you better get moving because they're running out! Luckily I have every one of them, including the last one the Sophia Dress (almost a cool pattern name).



The Elisalex Dress was made from a gorgeous light yellow medium-weight twill fabric. I shortened the skirt a lot because mid-calf length make me look even shorter than what I already am. Other than that it's the original dress with 3/4 length sleeves. This reminded me of Jane Porter from Tarzan, so I'm naming it after her, the Jane Porter dress.

Elisalex Dress

Elisalex Dress

The Charlotte Skirt was also shortened, making it into a mini pencil skirt. It's made from wool fabric making it perfect for an early spring wear when it's still a nip in the air. I didn't have an idea of what to call this skirt, but it's grey so I'm naming it the Dumbo skirt.

Charlotte Skirt

Charlotte Skirt


Look at this beauty I sewed from the lovely Cambie Dress pattern from Sewaholic! The fabric is a very light rayon with beautiful flowers on. I purchased the fabric last summer in a small local shop in Sandefjord and thought about making a maxi Anna dress, but I'm glad I changed my mind and made this one instead. So pleased! I was thinking of Beauty and the Beast when making this dress, so this is called Mrs. Potts dress.

Cambie Dress

I tried to capture the swoshyness of the gathered skirt and my phone does something called auto-awesome. What it does is that it take photos with the same background (I think) and making a gif picture of it. It's fun!

Cambie Dress





No comments:

Post a Comment