Sunday 30 November 2014

Christmas is near.

So christmas is here soon and I've decorated the (tiny) apartment with small christmas stuff that we have from earlier. It wasn't before last year that I really really REALLY wanted a christmas tree in here but we do not have the space for it at all.. Not even a little one, where would we put it? So after a while of moping I remembered that the festival UKA 2013 used string art in stead of posters to save papers. String art.. OK I'll give it a try and it turned out so great, so this year I also wanted a tree and had to come up with something new and money was tight (we don't even have gift calendar this year, because I don't have the money and Arne is waaaaay to lazy), but after looking in the drawers for some inspiration I came up with this:


Cutting gift wrapping paper in different sizes to form a tree. It wasn't that successful, but kinda worked anyway. And since it's on the door like last time it doesn't take any space at all. I had some tiny ornaments from last year and bought some candy canes and voila!


Adjusting the candy canes a bit and it looked really nice. I also hung up the two chocolate calendars I bought in London which we agreed to switch every other day, and the advent candles were ready to be lit today.




This is the chistmas tree I made last year with the same ornaments and gingerbread calendar. The gift advent calendar was divided by two so we each got twelve gifts each (yes, he is spoiled 'cause I bought all my gifts myself), but the one that didn't got the gift that day got a gingerbread.

On another note, my sister finally made it public about her engagement so that I as well can post it in the media. She got engaged to her fiance, my soon to be brother-in-law Kornelius which is the sweets guy there is. Congratulation to the happy couple!





No comments:

Post a Comment