Friday 9 October 2015

A dream is a wish the heart makes..


Name: Cinderella dress
Pattern: Bleuet Dress from Deer and Doe.
Fabric: Light blue cotton chambrey and white twill on cuffs and collar from Stoff & Stil

When you're fast asleep
In dreams you lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep

Have faith in your dreams and someday 
Your rainbow will come smiling through
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
The dream that you wish will come true



I'll just leave this for you to sing along. Oh my do I love this movie, and the original Disney from 1950. Luckily I've already met my Prince Charming, but I wouldn't mind the glass shoes or a big ball gown anyway.


I don't often wear the color light blue, although it is very pretty, so guess what I'm calling this new dress of mine? You might have guessed that this is my Cinderella dress. The pattern is from Deer and Doe, and is a princess seam dress. I haven't appreciated the princess seam dresses enough. It's a quick dress once your cut out your pieces. Although all them buttons took a lot of time.

I've liked white sleeve cuffs and collar a lot lately, even my latest dress, the Rapunzel dress, had it. But it's mine, so my choice and I love it. The dress has a fun little detail on the backside, its a pretty little bow!


The sleeves are fun and poofy like other princess dresses, poofy poof poof! I've made a muslin dress of this pattern earlier and the fit wasn't quite right, so I lengthen the bodice and shorten the skirt so that it was the same length. And and and! You know how I need pockets for my dresses (practical d'oh!), so I didn't want to make just another side seam pocket. Because the weight of the things I'd have in my pockets will make the dress disoriented. So I was searching the web for pocket for princess seam dresses and found this AWESOME tutorial! And it's for the Bleuet dress as well, oh the joy!




I love this dress, I love love love love love it! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment