Monday 25 May 2015

Behold the Holly!


Name: Dory jumpsuit
Pattern: Holly Jumpsuit from By Hand London
Fabric: Chambrey



So this is one of my latest projects. The Holly Jumpsuite. I usually only make dresses and skirt, because I really don't, Don't, DON'T like pants. Pants has never fitted me really well, So I was very skeptical when the gals from By Hand London came out with this pattern, but I really love the bodice on the version 1 of the pattern, so why not. And it's By Hand London, so it must be good.


I like this one. What I did with the pattern was making some slant pockets (Sophie needs her pockets), alter it a bit wider on the butt and cuff the legs. I thought that the legs were a bit plain when the arms got cool cuffs, so I lengthen the cuff pattern matching the measurements of each leg opening and did the same there. It seems more finish to me that way. But I think I should lengthen the bodice for the next one, because it's a bit high up, and making it into a gather skirt maybe next time.


All in all I'm very happy with the result. The fabric was perfect for this pattern. It's made of a floral chambray I bought when I was on vacation in Gdansk in September.  This blue is color reminded me of Dory from Finding Nemo, so simply it's the Dory jumpsuit. BF is really funny when we take my pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment