Saturday 7 June 2014

So many movies, so little time..

I love movies. The time you spend on a movie is so cozy. When you watch a movie you choose to spend time alone, with one person or the whole gang. You spend time listening to the story the movie wanted to tell and last but not least it's time to relax and have some popcorn (Yay, popcorn!).

So because May was the ultimate exam month we had to wait to watch the movies that came out that month in the end, which was a lot that we/I wanted to see. So part of this week and the week before that me and my SO went to the cinema FOUR times just to catch up all the movies we wanted to see that came out in May, we wanted to cram as much movies as possible before going home for the summer. It was a break from the exams, a break from work and a break from my hobbies (with another hobby that didn't require to use my hands, except for eating popcorn). Here was our schedule, and I'm very impressed that all the movie lived up to their expectations. Nothing is worse than paying to see a movie, sit through the hours and be bored *coughing* The Wolf of Wall Street *coughing*..

Wednesday 28th May: X-men: Days of Future Past

It wasn't until X-Men: First Class came in 2011 that I really got the X-Men fever. I mean I have thought it was cool, and seen this and that movie in bits and pieces. But after the First Class movie I saw all the other X-Men movies in chronological order. And so when this last movie X-Men: Days of Future Past came with both the young and the old characters all in one we had no choice but to see the movie in the theaters. Had to.

Thursday 29th May: Godzilla

I didn't have any relations to the movie Godzilla from the 50's or the 90's. All I knew was that it was a dinosaur look-a-like creature that came and vandalized New York (All tragic and natural disaster movies are almost always in the US, I think the moral is that you should not live in USA it's always disasters lurking under the surface of everything) and the funny GIFs that came with it. But this movie has been praised by the media, and not by the celebrity crap, but the more serious sites as well. My SO wanted to see it so we took the whole gang with us. It was kind of awesome, for me that didn't have any expectation for the movie before it was totally awesome! I mean.. A dinosaur that's so old that it feeds on nuclear waste to restore the balance of the earth when needed? I thought it was the bad guy, but man was I wrong, he's kind, with an unfortunate look. Misunderstood I believe.

Monday 2nd June: Maleficent

Disney. Need I say more? Disney. Apparently I do. Sleeping beauty in a new form, a story you have not been told before. It's magnificent. I didn't want to see any trailers before, because I believe trailers give to much away. It usually take the best scene and use it up in the trailer. Not cool. So when we saw this movie I was shocked..  I really really really LOVE Disney and thought that this was a remake of the animated Disney movie from 1959, but when I understood that it was twisted and told from an other angle I was stunted. And Angelina Jolies looks was made to play Maleficent. A must see movie.

Tuesday 3rd June: A Million Ways to Die in the West

We ended our movie week with a comedy. A Million Ways to Die in the West. I really liked the movie Ted with Seth MacFarlane as the voice of Ted the teddy bear which he also directed. And the tittle seemed fun itself, so why not. Oh my god, it was so darn funny! We get to see horrible ways anyone could die in the West, sheep penises and hear awkward sex scenes. I know it might seem a bit corny, but all together it totally worked, the storytelling wasn't all that, but who cares when the characters make it work anyways? Hihi laughing just thinking about it.

So that was my week. Or at least Wednesday to Tuesday, the days in between was spent on the sewing machine, which I had to buy a new one, and on the exam.



No comments:

Post a Comment